Ole Einar Bjorndalen
Ole Einar Bjorndalen is the most successful biathlete of all time.
- Name - Ole Einar Bjorndalen
- Date of Birth - 27/1/1974
- Place of Birth - Drammen, Norway
- Sport/Discipline - Biathlon
- Honours - Olympics: Gold x8, Silver x4, Bronze x1; World Championships: Gold x20, Silver x14, Bronze x11
The most decorated athlete in the history of the Winter Olympics, Bjorndalen has won 13 medals, eight of them gold.
And only Martin Fourcade has come close to unseating Bjorndalen from his throne in the last two decades. The Norwegian's 45 World Championship medals are 20 more than Fourcade, the next best of all-time in the sport, while he has picked up six overall Biathlon World Cup titles in his career - the same as Fourcade and Magdalena Forsberg.
However, the emergence of Fourcade has seen Bjorndalen's dominance slip in the last Olympic cycle, with Bjorndalen going winless in 2016-17 for the first time in his career.