Getty Images

Tyson Fury reveals plans to fight three times in 2018

Fury reveals plans to fight three times in 2018
By PA Sport

12/10/2017 at 19:02Updated 12/10/2017 at 21:37

Tyson Fury's on-off retirement appears to have been shelved once more after he revealed plans to fight three times in 2018.

Just last week, and not for the first time, Fury appeared to have ended his career by revealing he would not be applying for a new boxing license.

He has not fought for nearly two years since ending Wladimir Klitschko's world heavyweight title reign in Dusseldorf in November 2015.

Having twice postponed rematches with Klitschko last year, the 29-year-old lost his boxing licence last October when he admitted he was using cocaine and struggling with depression.

Tyson Fury embraces Hughie Fury after the WBO World Heavyweight Title fight at Manchester Arena on September 23, 2017 in Manchester, England

Tyson Fury embraces Hughie Fury after the WBO World Heavyweight Title fight at Manchester Arena on September 23, 2017 in Manchester, EnglandGetty Images

Fury had hoped to return to the ring earlier this year but that plan was scuppered when a National Anti-Doping Panel hearing was adjourned in May.

Now he says he will be ring-ready by April.

"Be ready to fight in April 2018 in a great fight! & again in the summer in a mega fight! & again in back end of year. 3 big fights in 2018," he said on Twitter.

Fury was at ringside last month when his cousin Hughie Fury came up short in his bid to take the WBO heavyweight title from champion Joseph Parker in Manchester.

Parker, Britain's Anthony Joshua and American Deontay Wilder hold the three world heavyweight belts at present.

0
0