Ronnie O'Sullivan whitewashes Graeme Dott to ease into last eight
Ronnie O'Sullivan was in sparkling form as he overwhelmed Graeme Dott 5-0 to reach the China Championship quarter-finals in Guangzhou.
The five-times world champion was close to his brilliant best as breaks of 78, 75, 62 and 139 - his fourth of the tournament - ended Dott's hopes a day after the Scotsman had stunned world number three Judd Trump 5-3 in the last 32.
The 2006 world champion could only contribute 21 points as O'Sullivan illustrated why he is favourite to win his first tournament since the Masters in January.
O'Sullivan will face Belgium's Luca Brecel for a semi-final place after Brecel enjoyed a 5-3 win over Mike Dunn.
Elsewhere, Mark Williams was a 5-3 winner over Tom Ford with Shaun Murphy outstanding in a 5-0 drubbing of Stephen Maguire.
2005 world champion Murphy was a heavy scorer against Maguire, who was forced to sit and suffer after his opponent compiled runs of 62, 52, 71 and 104 to secure a meeting with Zhou Yuelong.
The China Championship is the second ranking event of the season, and carries a first prize of £150,000 with the final on Tuesday.
China Championship last 16 results
- Zhou Yuelong 5-2 Martin Gould
- Stephen Maguire 0-5 Shaun Murphy
- Mike Dunn 3-5 Luca Brecel
- Mark Williams 5-3 Tom Ford
- Mark Davis 1-5 Ali Carter
- Fergal O'Brien 4-5 Alan McManus
- Graeme Dott 0-5 Ronnie O'Sullivan
- Li Hang 5-4 Matthew Stevens
China Championship quarter-finals
- Zhou Yuelong v Shaun Murphy
- Ali Carter v Fergal O'Brien
- Ronnie O'Sullivan v Luca Brecel
- Mark Williams v Li Hang