Football news - The incredible stats behind Manchester United's win over Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United beat Tottenham Hotspur in a dramatic game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Marcus Rashford's first-half goal proved enough for United to take all three points back to Manchester. But that doesn't even get close to telling the story.
A string of fine saves from David de Gea played a huge role in the match, with the win seeing Solskjaer breaking records as a Manchester United manager.
Here are some of the most eye-opening stats and facts to come out of a huge Premier League game...
– Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has equalled Matt Busby’s all-time record of winning his first five league games in charge of Manchester United.
– The Norwegian is also the first manager in United's history to win his first six games in all competitions.
– Manchester United were eight points behind Arsenal when Ole Gunnar Solskjær became their caretaker manager on December 19th but are now level on points with the Gunners.
– Manchester United have kept back-to-back clean sheets in the Premier League – they’d only kept two in their first 20 league matches this season.
– Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford has scored in three consecutive Premier League games for the first time in his career.
– Paul Pogba has been directly involved in 53% of Man Utd’s 15 Premier League goals since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took charge (4 goals, 4 assists).
– David de Gea made 11 saves in this match for Man Utd – only against Arsenal in December 2017 has he ever made more in a Premier League match (14). This was the most saves he’s made in a top five European league game while also keeping a clean sheet.
– Tottenham have lost consecutive home Premier League games for the first time since May 2015.
– Tottenham have lost four home league games this season – double the amount they’d lost at home in their previous two Premier League campaigns combined (2).
– Tottenham’s Harry Kane had seven shots in this match – he last had more without finding the net in a Premier League game in January 2018 (8 vs Man Utd).