The Giallorossi are said to nurture a strong interest in the 28-year-old, in spite of reports that their bids so far have been rejected.
Now their agent, in an interview with The Guardian, revealed that the Lupi will have to deal with competition from the Premier League as Liverpool and another team also close in on the player.
“We have had lots of interest but so far there has been no official approach,” he said.
Liga
Costa is better than Neymar and Hazard, says Filipe Luis
13/10/2017 AT 07:10
“I spoke with Carlos on Wednesday night and we agreed we need a real solution.
“Clubs are telling him not to sign anything until they have made an offer but we are still waiting.
“Liverpool and another English club are among those that have shown an interest but there are also clubs in Italy.
“What is clear is that they must meet the release clause but at this stage nobody has.”
Read the original article on Football Italia - The ultimate website for English-speaking fans of Italian football
Liga
Neymar ‘90%’ to leave Barcelona
22/07/2017 AT 14:38
Liga
Simeone: Costa was our Messi, he had to play in Champions League final
24/03/2017 AT 12:26