Formula 1

Motor racing-Alonso set for F1 return with Renault in 2021 - report

Share this with
Copy
Share this article
ByReuters
07/07/2020 at 15:17 | Updated 07/07/2020 at 15:19

July 7 (Reuters) - Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso is set to return to Formula One with Renault in 2021, the BBC reported on Tuesday.

Alonso, who left Formula One at the end of 2018 after a final season with McLaren, won his championship titles with Renault in 2005 and 2006.

The Spaniard, 38, has made no secret of his desire to return to the Formula One grid, with the French manufacturer having a vacancy.

Formula 1

Motor racing-Ricciardo still hoping to leave his mark on Renault F1 boss

2 HOURS AGO

Alonso could join Frenchman Esteban Ocon and replace Australian Daniel Ricciardo, who is moving to McLaren at the end of the 2020 season.

"I don't know if he is going to join or not with us but definitely if he could come back here I’d be very happy," Ocon said last week.

Renault were not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Hardik Vyas in Bengaluru, editing by Pritha Sarkar)

Formula 1

Motor racing-Hamilton says engine mode change not a problem for Mercedes

3 HOURS AGO
Formula 1

Sebastan Vettel expects to see out Formula 1 season at Ferrari

4 HOURS AGO
Related Topics
Formula 1
Share this with
Copy
Share this article