Salah enjoyed a sensational 2017-18 season as his goals propelled the Reds into the Champions League final, while he also led Egypt to a first World Cup appearance since 1990.
Modric and Ronaldo helped Real Madrid clinch the trophy in that final in Kiev, with the Croat also leading his nation to a maiden World Cup final.
After bowing out of the Russia finals with Portugal, Ronaldo made a surprise switch to Juventus, where he is bidding to become only the second player to win the Champions League with three different clubs.
Wolfsburg’s Pernille Harder and Lyon pair Ada Hegerberg and Amandine Henry are up for the women’s award.
The winners will be announced at the Champions League group stage draw in Monaco.
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid and Croatia)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Juventus and Portugal)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt)
- Pernille Harder (Wolfsburg and Denmark)
- Ada Hegerberg (Lyon)
- Amandine Henry (Lyon and France)