Motorcycling

Motorcycling-MotoGP cancels season-opening Qatar race due to coronavirus

Share this with
Copy
Share this article
ByReuters
01/03/2020 at 19:26 | Updated 01/03/2020 at 19:37

LONDON, March 1 (Reuters) - The opening race of the MotoGP season in Qatar on March 8 has been cancelled because of travel restrictions imposed on passengers from Italy due to the coronavirus epidemic, MotoGP said on Sunday.

"Italy clearly plays a vital role in the championship and in the MotoGP class - both on track and off - and therefore the decision has been taken to cancel premier class competition," a statement said.

The Moto2 and Moto3 categories will still race due to those teams and riders already being in Qatar for testing there last week. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ken Ferris)

Motorcycling

Motorcycling-No return for Lorenzo in 2020 as MotoGP cancels wild cards

15/05/2020 AT 10:25
Motorcycling

Motorcycling-MotoGP intends to start season in July with races in Jerez

07/05/2020 AT 10:32
Motorcycling

German, Dutch and Finnish MotoGP races cancelled

29/04/2020 AT 09:55
Related Topics
Motorcycling
Share this with
Copy
Share this article

Latest News

Motorcycling

Motorcycling-No return for Lorenzo in 2020 as MotoGP cancels wild cards

15/05/2020 AT 10:25

Latest Videos

Motorcycling

Yart Yamaha triumph in 8 hours of Sepan

00:02:53

Most popular

Tennis

When Nadal got annoyed by a baby - Roland-Garros 2019

YESTERDAY AT 09:00
View more