Quest secures exclusive free-to-air MotoGP Highlights from 2019
Quest, the Discovery-owned free-to-air channel, has boosted its premium sport offering after reaching a two-year agreement to screen exclusive free-to-air next-day highlights from every round of the MotoGP Championship – starting from the 2019 season.
The agreement also includes rights to broadcast highlights from the Moto2 and Moto3 championships. In addition, Quest will deliver a comprehensive digital offer with viewers able to enjoy multi-screen coverage, anytime, anywhere online and mobile via QuestOD.
The first programme will air on Monday 11 March at 6pm, and repeated at 11pm - featuring coverage from all three Championships, following the opening round of the season from the Losail Circuit in Qatar this weekend.
MotoGP is considered motorsport’s flagship two-wheel competition and joins Quest’s motorsport portfolio boasting coverage from the Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Formula E and Le Mans 24 Hours.
Quest’s broader sport offer includes English Football League highlights, World Tour snooker and the BDO Darts World Championship.
Simon Downing, Head of Channel Quest said:
“We are delighted to add MotoGP to our premium sport portfolio. It’s the highest profile two-wheel event on the calendar and we are proud to be able to offer this exclusively free-to-air to our viewers - not just on linear but across our digital platforms too.”
“We’re really looking forward to the upcoming season on what I’m sure will once again provide many exciting moments across all three Championships.”
Eurosport, also part of Discovery’s UK channel network, screens live coverage of the British Superbike Championship, World Superbikes, Formula E, Le Mans 24 Hours and Dakar Rally as part of its comprehensive motorsport coverage.
- 8-10 March: Round 1: VisitQatar Grand Prix – Qatar GP
- 29-31 March: Round 2: Gran Premio Motul de la Republica Argentina – Argentinian GP
- 12-14 April: Round 3: Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas – American GP
- 3-5 May: Round 4: Gran Premio Red Bull de Espana – Spanish GP
- 17-19 May: Round 5: SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France – French GP
- 31 May-2 June: Round 6: Gran Premio d’Italia Oakley – Italian GP
- 14-16 June: Round 7: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya – Catalunya GP
- 28-30 June: Round 8: Motul TT Assen – Dutch GP
- 5-7 July: Round 9: HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland – German GP
- 2-4 August: Round 10: Monster Energy Grand Prix Ceske Republiky – Czech GP
- 9-11 August: Round 11: myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Osterreich – Austrian GP
- 23-25 August: Round 12: GoPro British Grand Prix – British GP
- 13-15 Sept: Round 13: Gran Premio Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini San Marino GP
- 20-22 September: Round 14: Gran Premio de Aragon – Aragon GP
- 4-6 October: Round 15: PTT Thailand Grand Prix – Thailand GP
- 18-20 October: Round 16: Motul Grand Prix of Japan – Japanese GP
- 25-27 October: Round 17: Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix – Australian GP
- 1-3 November: Round 18: Shell Malaysia Grand Prix – Malaysian GP
- 15-17 November: Round 19 – Gran Premio Motul de la Communitat Valenciana – Valencia GP
Quest is available in 27 million homes across Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media and BT TV. With a monthly reach of 12.4 million, Quest is Discovery’s largest channel in the UK, and enjoyed its best ever first-quarter performance in 2018. QuestOD is the new, free video on demand service that allows you to catch-up on all your favourite programmes and watch the live stream from Quest and Quest Red, wherever and whenever you want within the UK