Football
Liga

Reports: Bale's China move called off by Real Madrid

Share this with
Copy
Share this article

Gareth Bale - Real Madrid

Image credit: Getty Images

ByJen Offord
28/07/2019 at 12:23 | Updated 28/07/2019 at 12:42

Gareth Bale's proposed move to the Chinese Super League has been called off, according to reports on Sunday.

The rumoured move to Jiangsu Suning was first reported last week, with Bale said to be set to earn £1 million a week at the Chinese club.

However BBC Sport correspondent David Ornstein tweeted on Sunday that the reported deal had been cancelled by Real Madrid.

Liga

Messi prefers not to over-think risk of infection as La Liga return looms

15/05/2020 AT 08:46

Bale joined Real in 2013 for a then-record deal of £85m, and has enjoyed great success with the club, including four Champions League titles. However, his last four seasons with the club have been dogged by injury.

It has been widely anticipated for some time that the 30-year-old will leave the Liga giants this summer, as he is not favoured by manager Zinidine Zidane.

Zidane said earlier in the week that the Wales international was "very close to leaving" earlier in the week, and faced criticisms of showing disrespect to his player after he added it would be "best for everyone."

Liga

Barcelona in crisis as six directors quit

12/04/2020 AT 12:26
Liga

Barca players open to pay cut amidst coronavirus pandemic - report

22/03/2020 AT 09:42
Related Topics
FootballLiga
Share this with
Copy
Share this article

Latest News

Football

Rio mayor permits clubs to restart training

21 MINUTES AGO

Latest Videos

Transfers

Dembele holds key to Barca's Pjanic swoop - Euro Papers

00:01:32

Most popular

Tennis

When Nadal got annoyed by a baby - Roland-Garros 2019

YESTERDAY AT 09:00
View more