Ronnie O’Sullivan raced into the second round of the UK Championship with a 6-0 win over amateur Leo Fernandez.
The seven-time champion made three half-century breaks along with a 121 as he needed just over an hour to secure a comfortable victory.
The Rocket will next face either Alexander Ursenbacher or Nigel Bond.
‘Makes them look easy’ – O’Sullivan sinks long red with aplomb
Fernandez looked up against it from the start as O’Sullivan quickly took the opening frame and then followed up with a fine 121 break to move 2-0 ahead.
Take advantage of our Black Friday offer to make sure you don't miss a moment from the 2020 UK Championship
When Fernandez did get opportunities he wasn’t able to make the most of them as he managed just 22 points in the opening four frames.
‘A pretty spectacular fluke’ – O’Sullivan gets lucky at the UK Championship
A break of 60 saw O’Sullivan take the third frame and he continued to dominate as he made it 4-0 inside 45 minutes.
- O'Sullivan: Trump's toughest battles won't be against me
- Brilliant Bingham hits 147
- UK Championship 2020: Draw, schedule, results
Fernandez made a brilliant pot on a red against the cushion in the fifth frame but his break stalled when he potted the white.
O’Sullivan took advantage as he secured the frame with a break of 73 to close on victory.
Fernandez had several chances to get on the board in the sixth frame but over-ran the white leading 13-0 and then missed a red to the corner when he returned to the table.
It looked like O'Sullivan would clean up from there, but Fernandez was handed another opportunity with only the colours left. He knocked in the yellow and green but missed the brown, allowing O'Sullivan to wrap up a rapid win.
UK Championship Wednesday results and schedule
- Zhou Yuelong 6-1 Peter Devlin
- Zhao Xintong 6-3 Rory McLeod
- Luo Honghao 3-6 Dominic Dale
- Sunny Akani 6-1 Kacper Filipiak
- Stuart Bingham 6-2 Zak Surety
- Alan McManus 4-6 Jimmy White
- Neil Robertson 6-0 Brian Ochoiski
- Andrew Higginson 6-5 James Cahill
- Joe Perry 6-0 Alex Borg
- Martin Gould 5-6 Jordan Brown
- Hossein Vafaei 6-3 Billy Joe Castle
- Mark Davis v Robbie Williams
- Ali Carter v Ashley Carty
- Joe O'Connor v Duane Jones
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-0 Leo Fernandez