Stuart Bingham hit on a streak of exceptional form to beat Luca Brecel in the final qualifying round of the World Championships.
Belgian player Brecel was 3-1 up after the opening four frames, with two fifty-plus breaks of his own.
However Bingham hit back with an exceptional string of centuries, with 140, 108 and 140 again coming in the course of four frames.
Williams blows away ‘fourth son’ Page to reach last eight with session to spare
- 'I trust myself to get over the line' - O'Sullivan on world title hopes
- 'Crucible seat isn't worth risk' - O'Sullivan proud of mum after Covid-19 battle
- Dott and Yuelong crash out of world championships
Two more half-centuries had him comfortably ahead, before there were breaks of 74, 67, and 57 in the fifteenth frame to round out a 10-5 win.
Ali Carter went through to the next round with a 10-4 win over Alexander Ursenbacher.
Elsewhere Martin Gould defeated Bai Langning, Ricky Walden defeated Ryan Day, and Gary Wilson sent Steven Hallworth packing with a 10-3 win.
Igor Figueiredo lost out 10-7 to Mark Joyce.
World Championships, Wednesday 14 April April
- Igor Figueiredo 7-10 Mark Joyce
- Ryan Day 5-10 Ricky Walden
- Bai Langning 5-10 Martin Gould
- Steven Hallworth 3-10 Gary Wilson
- Ali Carter 10-4 Alexander Ursenbacher
- Zhao Xintong 9-10 Sam Craigie
- Chris Wakelin 10-7 Xiao Guodong
- Luca Brecel 5-10 Stuart Bingham
‘Knock me off my perch’ – O’Sullivan’s message to those who want him to quit
‘I’ve not been able to take them off!’ - O’Sullivan on his new glasses
Share this article