Snooker news - World Grand Prix: Draw, seedings, odds
Ronnie O'Sullivan begins the defence of his World Grand Prix title against Marco Fu on Monday night in Cheltenham.
Four-times world champion O'Sullivan claimed the £100,000 first prize in Preston with a 10-3 final win over Ding Junhui a year ago, and is seeded second in the invitational tournament based on the sport's one-year ranking list.
O'Sullivan starts the tournament on 991 centuries, needing nine more to become the first player to break the 1000 in the sport. He produced 10 on his way to the title a year ago including four in a 5-0 win over Xiao Guodong in the quarter-finals
The top 16 on the one-year list proceed to contest the Players Championship in Preston next month (4-10 March) with the top eight qualifying for the new Tour Championship in Llandudno which runs between March 19-24.
Former Masters champion Mark Allen is top seed for the event, and is also in action in Monday evening's open matches when he meets 2015 China Open finalist Gary Wilson, who is seeded 32 and the last man in the one-year rankings to make up the field.
New German Masters champion Kyren Wilson - fresh from his 9-7 win over David Gilbert in Berlin on Sunday evening - faces Matthew Stevens in his opening match in the last of the first round matches on Wednesday afternoon.
World number one Mark Selby meets 2016 Grand Prix winner Shaun Murphy in the biggest match of the first round while world champion Mark Williams meets Chinese teenager Yuan Sijun, who upset John Higgins 4-3 in the first round of the German Masters last week.
The first two rounds are the best of seven frames, the quarter-finals are the best of nine frames with the semi-finals played over the best of 11 on Saturday.
The final takes place on Sunday over the best of 19 frames.
WORLD GRAND PRIX FIRST ROUND (best of seven frames)
- Mark Allen (1) v Gary Wilson (32)
- Martin O’Donnell (16) v Ali Carter (17)
- Jack Lisowski (9) v Ding Junhui (24)
- David Gilbert (8) v Yan Bingtao (25)
- Neil Robertson (5) v Xiao Guodong (28)
- Jimmy Robertson (12) v Mark Davis (21)
- Stephen Maguire (13) v Mark King (20)
- Mark Williams (4) v Yuan SiJun (29)
- Mark Selby (3) v Shaun Murphy (30)
- John Higgins (14) v Noppon Saengkham (19)
- Joe Perry (11) v Tom Ford (22)
- Judd Trump (6) v Stuart Carrington (27)
- Kyren Wilson (7) v Matthew Stevens (26)
- Stuart Bingham (10) v Zhao Xintong (23)
- Barry Hawkins (15) v Ryan Day (18)
- Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) v Marco Fu (31)
Monday February 4
- Ronnie O’Sullivan 2-4 Marco Fu
- Mark Allen 4-2 Gary Wilson
- Barry Hawkins 4-1 Ryan Day
- Stuart Bingham 4-1 Zhao Xintong
Tuesday February 5
- Martin O’Donnell v Ali Carter
- Jimmy Robertson v Mark Davis
- Mark Williams v Yuan Sijun
- Neil Robertson v Xiao Guodong
- Joe Perry v Tom Ford
- Stephen Maguire v Mark King
- Judd Trump v Stuart Carrington
- Jack Lisowski v Ding Junhui
Wednesday February 6
- Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy
- John Higgins v Noppon Saengkham
- David Gilbert v Yan Bingtao
- Kyren Wilson v Matthew Stevens
WORLD GRAND PRIX ODDS
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 5/2
- Judd Trump 11/2
- Mark Selby 17/2
- Mark Allen 8/1
- Mark Williams 12/1
- Neil Robertson 11/1
- Kyren Wilson 16/1
- John Higgins 16/1
- Ding Junhui 16/1
- Stuart Bingham 28/1