Alex Lowes takes first win in Race 2, Jonathan Rea crashes out after clash with Tom Sykes
Alex Lowes won his first ever race in World Superbikes after reigning champion Jonathan Rea crashed out following an incident with team-mate Tom Sykes.
The Briton took victory in Brno in the Czech Republic, after holding off Yamaha team-mate Michael van der Mark, a double race winner in Donington, to win by just over a second.
Chaz Davies completed the podium after Rea clinched the overall wins record with his 60th victory in Race 1 on Saturday.
Rea crashed after he collided with Kawasaki colleague Tom Sykes.
Rea was only on his third lap when the touch between the two bikes occurred.
Fourth place was taken by Eugene Laverty, like Rea, from Northern Ireland.
Lowes spoke after the race to give thanks to those who had helped him:
"I am really happy - thanks to everyone who got me here..
"I was consistent and tried to be as smooth as I could."
1. JONATHAN REA - 270 - KAWASAKI
2. CHAZ DAVIES -189 - DUCATI
3. TOM SYKES - 179 - KAWASAKI
4. MICHAEL VAN DER MARK - 176 - YAMAHA
5. MARCO MELANDRI - 156 - DUCATI
6. ALEX LOWES - 129 - YAMAHA
7. XAVI FORES - 126 - DUCATI
8. TOPRAK RAZGATLIOGLU - 84 - KAWASAKI
9. LORIS BAZ - 67 - BMW
10. JORDI TORRES - 64 - MV AGUSTA
11. LEON CAMIER - 63 - HONDA
12. LORENZO SAVADORI - 62 - APRILIA
13. EUGENE LAVERTY - 47 - APRILIA
14. MICHAEL RUBEN RINALDI - 44 - DUCATI
15. LEANDRO MERCADO - 42 - KAWASAKI
16. ROMÁN RAMOS - 35 - KAWASAKI
17. JAKE GAGNE - 20 - HONDA
18. PJ JACOBSEN - 18 - HONDA
19. YONNY HERNANDEZ - 16 - KAWASAKI
20. LEON HASLAM - 14 - KAWASAKI
21. DAVIDE GIUGLIANO - 11 - APRILIA
22. BRADLEY RAY - 3 - SUZUKI
23. LUKE MOSSEY - 2 - KAWASAKI
24. ONDREJ JEZEK - 2 - YAMAHA