Similar to the day's Superpole, Rea was initially challenged by Toprak Razgatlioglu at Turn 1, but Rea went outside both the 23-year-old Turk and Loris Baz before pulling out a gap to secure a convincing victory.
Razgatlioglu takes championship lead with Race 2 victory at Donington Park
Scott Redding did remarkably well to finish second as the British rider moved up three places. It became a prolonged duel between him and Michael van der Mark for second, with the Dutchman ending up finishing third.
Baz was forced to retire after a nasty cash at Turn 15 while Maximilian Scheib was forced to retire in Lap 2 and Alex Lowes fell in the seventh lap.
THE TOP SIX
1) Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK)
2) Scott Redding (ARUBA.IT Racing – Ducati) +4.360
3) Michael van der Mark (PATA YAMAHA WorldSBK Official Team) +4.453
4) Chaz Davies (ARUBA.IT Racing – Ducati) +8.363
5) Alvaro Bautista (Team HRC) +10.336
6) Michael Ruben Rinaldi (Team GOELEVEN) +12.566
Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki) 136
Scott Redding (Ducati) 132
Toprak Razgatlioglu (Yamaha) 103
Alex Lowes (Kawasaki) 91
Michael van der Mark (Yamaha) 82
Chaz Davies (Ducati) 75
Razgatlioglu storms to sensational Race 1 win at Donington Park
Razgatlioglu ‘creeps across the line’ to win Race 1 after running out of fuel