Peaty, Le Clos, Ledecky gear up for inaugural International Swimming League
The inaugural International Swimming League (ISL) gets under way in October - live on Eurosport - and a host of Olympians are set to take part in the new team-based competition.
Each team will consist of 24 athletes (12 men, 12 women), with the ISL claiming around 75% of Olympians and world record holders are expected to feature.
Watch: About the International Swimming League
Group A consists of DC Trident, Cali Condors, Aqua Centurions, and Energy Standard, with the quartet meeting in Indianapolis and Naples in October.
Group B will then see LA Current, NY Breakers, Team Iron and London Roar compete in the third and fourth stops in Lewisville-Dallas and Budapest.
There will then be a Derby USA and Derby Europe showdown in November, based in Washington and London respectively.
The points-based system will see teams looking to accumulate points across the individual and relay races in a bid to reach December’s final in Las Vegas.
The top two European and top two US clubs will advance to that final on December 20-21.
For more technical information click here https://isl.global/isl-2019-technical-information/
- Group A: Indianapolis, USA | October 5-6 | 14:00 local
- Group A: Naples, ITA | October 12-13 | 19:00 local
- Group B: Lewisville-Dallas, USA | October 19-20 | 14:00 local
- Group B: Budapest, HUN | October 26-27 | 18:00 local
- Derby USA: Washington DC, USA | November 16-17 | 14:00 local
- Derby Europe: London, GBR | November 23-24 | 17:00 local
- Final Match: Las Vegas, USA | December 20-21 | 13:00 local