Caroline Wozniacki began her 2018 Wimbledon campaign with a comprehensive 6-0 6-3 victory over Varvara Lepchenko of the USA.
The number two seed took just 59 minutes to cruise past Lepchenko, who was simply unable to match her opponent's power and intensity.
Wozniacki bagelled the American in stunning fashion in the opening set and conceded just three games in the entire match.
Wozniacki waves emotional farewell to tennis after being knocked out by Jabeur
Having triumphed at the Australian Open earlier in the year to win her first Grand Slam, the Dane is considered a hot favourite to win her first title at SW19.
"It was great just to get in and out. I didn't have much of a turnaround from Eastbourne," Wozniacki said.
"It was nice to get on court today, win, then I have a day off tomorrow. I can enjoy a little bit of downtime.
Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark returns a shot against Varvara Lepchenko of the United States during their Ladies' Singles first round match on day one of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships
Image credit: Getty Images
"I love playing on the grass. It's great. I love this surface. Right now I think Eastbourne. I just won that a couple of days ago. I feel like I'm hitting the ball well, I'm doing great.
"Obviously, the Australian Open is a great booster, as well, knowing that I can do it and I've gone all the way in a Grand Slam. It feels great."
Wozniacki will next take on Ekaterina Makarova of Russia in the second round with a potential match against 32nd seed Agnieszka Radwanska in the third round.
Round one results
- 2-Caroline Wozniacki defeats Varvara Lepchenko 6-0, 6-3
- 7-Karolina Pliskova defeats Harriet Dart 7-2, 2-6, 6-1
- Donna Vekic defeats 4-Sloane Stephens 6-1, 6-3
- 9-Venus Williams defeats Johanna Larsson 7-6, 6-2, 6-1
- 10-Madison Keys defeats Ajla Tomljanovich 6-4, 6-2
- 25-Serena Williams defeats Arantxa Rus 7-5 6-3
- Sorana Cirstea defeats 19-Magdalena Rybarikova 7-5, 6-3
- Andrea Petkovic defeats 31-Zhang Shuai 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
- Yanina Wickmayer defeats Mona Berthel 7-5, 6-4
- Alexandra Dulgheru defeats Kristyna Pliskova 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
- Evgeniya Rodina defeats Antonia Lottner 3-6, 7-5, 6-4
- Victoria Azarenka defeats Ekaterina Alexandrova 7-6, 6-3
- Kiki Bertens defeats Barbora Stefkova 6-3, 6-2
- Rebecca Peterson defeats Viktoria Kuzmova 7-6, 7-6
- Luksikha Kumkhum defeats Bernarda Pera 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
- Madison Brengle defeats Aleksandra Krunic 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
- Camila Giorgi defeats Anastasija Sevastova 6-1, 2-6, 6-4
- Ekatarina Makarova defeats Petra Martic 7-6, 2-6, 6-3
Wozniacki keeps Australian Open dream alive with big win over Yastremska
Serena's quest for No.24 and time for a Federer flourish? The stories of the Australian Open