Wimbledon 2018: Roger Federer waltzes past Lukas Lacko to reach third round
Roger Federer wasted no time in thrashing Lukas Lacko 6-4 6-4 6-1 in just 90 minutes to reach the third round of Wimbledon.
The top seed looked imperious throughout as he comfortably picked up the breaks of serve he required in both the first and second sets.
The eight-time champion at SW19, who skipped the clay-court season once more, did not allow Lacko even the slightest window back into the match after roaring into an early lead.
Up against the legendary superstar, the Slovakian was simply unable to compete at all in the third set as he mustered just a single game.
The 30-year-old at times shrugged his shoulders in the face of Federer's stunning play from the back of the court.
Federer, incredibly, won 35 straight points on serve as he refused to ease up on his ruthless dominance through the match and hit a remarkable 48 winners.
Men's singles results
- No. 1 Roger Federer defeats Lukas Lacko 6-4, 6-4, 6-1
- No. 11 Sam Querrey defeats Sergiy Stakhovsky 7-6, 6-3, 6-3
- No. 13 Milos Raonic defeats John Millman 7-6, 7-6, 7-6
- Dennis Novak defeats No. 17 Lucas Pouille 6-4, 6-2, 6-7, 3-6, 6-2
- No. 22 Adrian Mannarino defeats Ryan Harrison 7-5, 7-5, 7-6
- Gael Monfils defeats Paolo Lorenzi 3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 7-6
- Daniil Medvedev defeats Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4, 6-2
- Mackenzie McDonald defeats Nicolas Jarry 7-6, 5-7, 3-6, 6-2, 11-9
- Jan-Lennard Struff defeats Ivo Karlovic 6-7, 3-6, 7-6, 7-6, 13-11
- Radu Albot defeats Aljaz Bedene 6-2, 4-6, 7-6, 5-7, 6-3