Wimbledon 2018 - Order of Play, Day 6: Can Kyle Edmund topple Novak Djokovic?
Here is the order of play for the sixth day of play at Wimbledon. You can watch a daily highlights show live on Eurosport.
- Alex De Minaur (Australia) v Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Simona Halep (Romania) v Su-Wei Hsieh (Taiwan)
- Angelique Kerber (Germany) v Naomi Osaka (Japan)
- Kyle Edmund (GB) v Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
MATCH OF THE DAY
- Angelique Kerber v Naomi Osaka
Sure, there’s Nadal and Halep on the bill… but who wants a one-sided contest?!
No, for pure action, the clash between the 11th and 18th seeds, Angelique Kerber and Naomi Osaka, has the ingredients to be a belter. And on the evidence so far, the Japanese player starts the marginal favourite, given she is yet to drop a set…
POTENTIAL UPSET OF THE DAY
- Kyle Edmund v Novak Djokovic
OK, ‘upset’ is a bit of a stretch. This is not the Novak Djokovic that once ruled tennis, nor is this the Kyle Edmund that was stuck in Andy Murray’s shadow for so long. But it would still represent something of a surprise if the Brit can harness the crowd’s support and oust the three-time champion.
ORDER OF PLAY: DAY SIX
Play starts at 11:30 BST on each court unless stated
Centre Court (from 13:00 BST)
1. Alex De Minaur v Rafael Nadal
2. Angelique Kerber v Naomi Osaka
3. Kyle Edmund v Novak Djokovic
Court 1 (from 13:00 BST)
1. Simona Halep v Su-Wei Hsieh
2. Dominika Cibulkova v Elise Mertens
1. Ashleigh Barty v Daria Kasatkina
2. Jelena Ostapenko v Vitalia Diatchenko
3. Jiri Vesely v Fabio Fognini
1. Alison Van Uytvanck v Anett Kontaveit
2. Carla Suarez Navarro v Belinda Bencic
3. Karen Khachanov v Frances Tiafoe
2. Daria Gavrilova v Aliaksandra Sasnovich